|This session will cover emerging wireless communication standards and technologies. Experts involved in the creation of new standards will speak for each standard. The session will cover 802.11n MIMO, 802.11s mesh networks, the WiMAX 802.16.e standard, and the UWB standard. The session will also discusss future emerging technologies for 4G cellular Long Term Evolution, and discuss advanced topics for future communication technologies such as co-operative diversity, multi-protocol communications processing, and multi-tiered mesh networks.
• Introduction/Motivation: Dr. Dilip Krishnaswamy, Intel
• Emerging Comm Technologies and Architectures: Alan Crouch, Director
and GM, Communication Technology Labs, Intel
• UWB Wireless Technology: Dr. David Leeper, Intel
• 802.11s WLAN mesh networking standard: Steve Conner, Intel
• MIMO WLAN 802.11n standard: Robert Stacey, Intel
• WiMAX 802.16e standard: Jose Puthenkulam, Intel
• LTE Long Term Evolution: Dr. Rath Vannithamby, Intel
• Future Wireless Communication Technologies: Dr. Sumeet Sandhu, Intel
• P2P Wireless Networking: Dr. Andreas Heiner, Nokia
Dilip Krishnaswamy received his Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering in 1997 from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He is currently Platform Architect in the Mobility Group at Intel Corporation. He is on the Board of Advisors for the University of California, Davis, and he teaches courses related to computer architecture and parallel computer architecture at UC Davis. His current areas of interest include multi-core mobile platform architectures,wireless communication protocols, security, virtualization, wireless mesh networks, wireless multimedia, cross-layer optimizations, and game theory.